Pages

Thursday, October 15, 2015

My take on First Birthay Minnie Mouse Party (plus a free pdf tutorial)

Hi there!

Ever since I created this blog I kept thinking what would be the most appropriate topic for my first real post. After a reasonable internal debate with quite a number of rejected ideas I settled on writing about what (or better yet who) got me into crafting. Thinking and debating with yourself is one of the few things you can do while picking toys for the 400th time today. 

And here it is, a post about a cute little mischeivous girl called Ellie, who happens to be turning one in October and gently sliding away from babyhood to toddlerhood in a swift pace. They grow up so fast don't they.

Someone should have warned me that first birthay is a huge deal. Even though I have settled for a tight family party, I still could not take away from my baby girl (and myself) all the drama of the planning and preparation. 

Having made-up my mind on having a Minnie Mouse themed party, it was time to pull out my trusty glue gun....Brace yourselves for polka dot overload.

First I made the invitations,




Then the birthday garland



And the welcome sign (love it, it is all paper pinwheels).


Some toothpicks to spice up the table as if the tableware and food and cake did not scream Minnie already.


And with all the excitement I simply forgot to shoot the rest :( But I will, next time. I promise.

And since this is my first post, and since this is about a birthday, I thought it would be nice to offer you a small token of favor. Subscribe to the blog and get a free pdf Minnie Mouse Invitation tutorial. 


No comments:

Post a Comment